The information here is intended to be useful to anyone interested in providing coverage of the Thursday, Feb. 6th, 2014, release of Phraseology 2.0 for iPad. If you need any additional information or request preview promotional codes, please do not hesitate to contact Greg Pierce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is Phraseology?
Phraseology is a plain text editor for iPad with special tools to improve writing.
Key Facts (tl;dr)
- Launch date: Thursday, Feb. 6th, 2014 (at Midnight)
- Pricing: $1.99 special launch pricing.
- Phraseology 2.0 Preview Video
- Phraseology 2.0 is a free update to the iPad writing app, bringing up to date with iOS 7 and adding iCloud, Dropbox version control, syntax highlighting of parts of speech and state-of-the-art iOS automation and integration features.
- Phraseology distinguishes itself from other iPad text editors with unique "Arrange" and "Inspect" features. The Arrange feature allows drag and drop re-ordering of paragraphs and sentences, and the "Inspect" feature provides detailed statistics (word/sentence counts, average syllables per word, word per sentence, etc.), common readability and grade level scoring, and part of speech/root word breakdowns of word usage.
- New in 2.0, Phraseology can now highlight parts of speech live as you type as well.
- Originally launched December, 2011, Phraseology has reached the Top 15 Overall iPad apps and been consistently featured in Productivity and Education categories in the App Store. The app and it's unique tools have been featured in The New Yorker, Macworld, The Daily and many other media outlets.
- Phraseology 2.0 is a free update for existing customers.
- From Agile Tortoise, the developer of Drafts and Terminology.
- Phraseology 2.0 offers state-of-the-art URL schemes to integrate with other apps. In addition to methods to manipulate and create documents, Phraseology offers it's Arrange and Inspect features for use as services. Support for these services is built into our own Drafts for iPad, and can be used with Ole Moritz's Editorial workflows as well. To see Drafts integration in action, watch this video demo.
- Simple text editor interface that gets out of your way.
- Lightweight document manager with archive, document sorting and full text searching.
- Arrange: Arrange feature allows intelligent drag and drop re-ordering of paragraphs and sentences in documents and text selections. The Arrange feature can also be used with other apps which support integration, including our own Drafts for iPad.
- Live Part of Speech Syntax Highlighting. Individually enable highlighting of nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and other parts of speech.
- Inspect: Learn more about your writing with the "Inspect" view, which provides detailed statistics, readability scores, and root word occurrence breakdowns of documents or text selections. The Inspect feature can also be used with other apps which support integration, including our own Drafts for iPad.
- iCloud Integration for backup and sync.
- Dropbox-based version control system keeps restorable snapshots of your document's history.
- Customizable fonts and font size.
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url.
- Markdown preview, print and copy options.
- Export/Import via "Open in".
- Email, Copy, Print, Send to Drafts, Sharing features all supported.
- Terminology integration for word lookup and selection of replacement words.
Please direct additional requests for information and app previews to: